Exporting the DHCP database from one Windows server to another using the GUI can sometimes be more of a headache than running two simple commands. I’ve had much more luck using the following method:
NOTE: This assumes that you have the DHCP Server Role already installed on your new server
1) Open command prompt as admin on the source server. Issue the following command:
netsh dhcp server export C:\dhcpdatabase.dat all
2) Open the services console and stop the DHCP Server service, and set it to ‘disabled’
3) Copy C:\dhcpdatabase.dat file from the source server to the same location on the new server.
4) On the new server, open a command prompt as admin. Issue the following command:
netsh dhcp server import C:\dhcpdatabase.dat
5) Restart the DHCP Server serivce on the new server and you should be good to go.